Live

>> Saturday, September 10, 2011


Shreya had met Arman and fell in love with him. She had thought that their love would last for a life time. But she was wrong; Arman left her for another woman.

She had packed everything he had given her, including their pictures, etc in a carton box, sealed it and placed it in the attic. But still she couldn’t get his picture out of her mind. Also the memories of the past came to haunt her and spoil her present moments, thinking about him.

Death seemed to be the only solution to her never ending problem and she had given a serious thought about it.

Shreya reached the open terrace of the building; she opened her bag and felt the suicide note with her finger tips. Just then, her mobile started to beep. The mobile screen showed her that she had received a mms from Arman. 

“Shreya, I am really sorry for what I had done to you. I know that I don’t deserve your forgiveness. But still I am begging for it. Latha had left me for someone else. Only then did I realize how you should have felt when I done it to you. I would like to get back into your life. Please answer my call, as I would like to speak to you.”

She had a drop of tear in her eye, which she picked with her finger tip.

Is this drop of tear worth for what he had done to you? Her mind asked her. Before she could answer the question which her mind had raised, the mobile started beeping once again.

“Arman, it is too late!” Shreya said changing her voice a bit,“Shreya just leaped down from the building.”

“What? Oh my God! Who is this?” He asked shocked.

“I am Priya, her friend.” She said, “I just came to the terrace looking for her, but found the suicide note under her mobile.”

“Alas! I should have tried to contact her before. Does the suicide note say anything about me?”

“Hmmm…lemme see..” She said, “Oh, yes…it says you are responsible for her death” 

“Please tell me what should I do? Please…..”

“As you wanted to get back to her, so I think you could be forgiven.”

“Yes, you’re right!”

“I shall destroy this suicide note.”

“That would be a great help. Thanks a lot, dear.”

“Never cheat another girl in your life time. This should be a lesson to you.”

“Yes, yes, I have already learnt it!”

 “Good. Good bye, then.” She said, disconnecting the call.

She dialed her service provided customer care number and requested for change of her mobile number. Then she took out the suicide note, tore it to as many pieces she could, and let the wind take it from her hand. The pieces floated down slowly.

She had a beautiful smile on her face and felt as if she was born again.

0 comments:

Buy "10 Modern Short Stories 2010

Buy "10 Modern Short Stories 2010
Click on the above image to buy the book online from Kinglake Publishing..

About This Blog


Lorem Ipsum

Buy "10 Modern Short Stories 2010

Buy "10 Modern Short Stories 2010
Click on the above amazon image to buy the book online.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP